Old Riverside Foundation is a certified 501(c)3 non-profit civic organization incorporated July 25, 1979. We are dedicated to the recognition, appreciation, and preservation of the built environment (buildings, feats of engineering, parks, avenues, landscaping features, and archeological remains) throughout Riverside and the Inland Empire.
WHAT WE DO
- Encourage the conservation of historic homes and neighborhoods
- Advocate to local government for historic preservation
- Educate homeowners and building trades on standards and practices for the preservation and maintenance of heritage structures
- Maintain a robust architectural salvage operation
- Sponsor events regarding historic preservation & appreciation (Vintage Home Tour, meetings, seminars, workshops, walking tours, publications, and more)
- Provide grants to homeowners for historic preservation and restoration
- Recognize and celebrate outstanding efforts with our annual Preservation Awards
- Provide information on tax advantages for the preservation of historic properties
- Promote dialogue among other preservation groups and individuals
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Design director Dave Stolte joined the board in June, 2019 and was elected President in 2021. He brings forty years of experience in design and illustration to help bolster ORF’s public-facing visuals, serves on the Awards committee, and is editor for our newsletter.
Carol joined the board after completing her internship and Master’s degree in History with an emphasis in Public History, in 2013.
Ruth has been Membership Chair since 2016, and a board member twice for a total of six years, the latest stretch beginning in 2015. She does a lot of behind-the-scenes work for ORF, and hosts Weber House tours.
Nancy has been a board member twice for a total of ten years, with the latest stretch beginning in 2013. Nancy has been the annual Vintage Home Tour Chair for 14 years.
Jennifer has been a board member twice for a total of six years, the latest stretch beginning in 2017. Jennifer specializes in buying and selling vintage and historic properties in Riverside. She has been on the Membership Committee since 2017.
Nanci is Director of Audience Development & Administration as well as a docent and tour guide for the Mission Inn, is a board member of the Riverside Downtown Partnership and is Vice Chair of the Downtown Area Neighborhood Alliance. Nanci joined the board in September, 2019.
Rich became a board member in October 2021. He is a lifelong resident of Riverside, and specializes in financing of vintage and historic homes in the downtown area. Along with his wife Marisha, they have lovingly restored two vintage homes in Riverside. A recent empty-nester, Rich is excited about having the time to give back to the city that gave him so much. Rich also serves on the board for DANA.
Sharon joined the board December 2021. Sharon brings 25 years of Relationship and Product Management skills to ORF. She is interested in the preservation and restoration of residential structures. Sharon also serves on the Board of Museums and the Chief's Advisory Committee for the Riverside Police Department.
©2022 Old Riverside Foundation
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization