Old Riverside Foundation is a non-profit civic organization incorporated July 25, 1979. We are dedicated to the recognition, appreciation, and preservation of the built environment (buildings, feats of engineering, parks, avenues, landscaping features, and archeological remains) throughout Riverside and the Inland Empire.
- Encourage the conservation of Historic Neighborhoods
- Sponsor educational programs on Historic Preservation (meetings, seminars, technical information, walking tours, publications, etc.)
- Provide information on tax advantages and grants available from local, state, and federal agencies for the preservation of commercial and residential properties
- Create imaginative programs for the continued and adaptive reuse of sites and structures
- Assist homeowners and building trades to learn preservation requirements and techniques for the preservation and maintenance of heritage structures
- Promote dialogue among all preservation groups and individuals
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mike joined the board in 2014 and began by serving as Treasurer from 2014 to 2017. Since 2017, he has served as board President. He also serves as chair of the Grants Committee.
Ruth has been Membership Chair since 2016, and a board member twice for a total of six years, the latest stretch beginning in 2015. She does a lot of behind-the-scenes work for ORF, and hosts Weber House tours.
Carol joined the board after completing her internship and Master’s degree in History with an emphasis in Public History, in 2013.
Nancy has been a board member twice for a total of ten years, with the latest stretch beginning in 2013. Nancy has been the annual Vintage Home Tour Chairman for 14 years.
Jennifer has been a board member twice for a total of six years, the latest stretch beginning in 2017. Jennifer specializes in buying and selling vintage and historic properties in Riverside. She has been on the Membership Committee since 2017.
Nanci is Director of Audience Development & Administration as well as a docent and tour guide for the Mission Inn, is a board member of the Riverside Downtown Partnership and is Vice Chair of the Downtown Area Neighborhood Alliance. Nanci joined the board in September, 2019.
Rebekah joined the board in April 2018. She has extensive experience with non-profit organizations, especially with event planning, as well as a strong interest in Riverside history and architecture. She is on the Events, Awards, and Grants committees.
Design director Dave Stolte joined the board in June, 2019. He brings forty years of experience in design and illustration to help bolster ORF’s public-facing visuals. He serves on the Awards committee and is editor for our newsletter.
Andrew joined the board in 2017. He moved to Riverside to study Philosophy at UCR and played for the Men’s Soccer Team. Andrew has been reading and writing about local history, preservation, and vintage real estate for several years and has been working on the social media and newsletter for the board.
©2021 Old Riverside Foundation
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization