Board of Directors
President: Carol McDoniel
Vice President: Dr. Vince Moses
Treasurer: Michael Gentile
Secretary: Nancy Parrish
Members at Large
(L-R): Jason Vizthum, Ruth West, David Leonard, Dr. Vince Moses, Nancy Parrish, Michael Gentile, Carol McDoniel, Greg Pool, Boyd Jensen.
Old Riverside Foundation is a non-profit, civic organization incorporated July 25, 1979. We are dedicated to the recognition, appreciation, and preservation of the built environment (buildings, feats of engineering, parks, avenues, landscaping features, and archeological remains) throughout Riverside and the Inland Empire.
The Foundation Will:
About Our Logo:
This Victorian era home once stood at the corner of Sixth and Lime Streets (now a parking lot for a modern office building). The little Victorian was just one of a whole street of small Victorians, similar to the one at 3650 15th, dating to the late 1880's. Some of them were lost to the community when SR91 was built in 1958.
Four remained by 1979 when the Old Riverside Foundation was chartered. One of the very first efforts in historic preservation was to try to save these remaining four houses and a G. Stanley Wilson Spanish Colonial school house which stood across Sixth Street. We were unsuccessful in our efforts. However, we symbolically saved the little house by making it our logo.